Carolyn led or co-wrote proposals, organized and co-chaired over 20 sessions at major scientific conferences and Oceans and Human Health Initiative (OHHI) meetings such as the National Advisory Panel; Joint NSF-NOAA OHH Center Director Meetings; All Principal Investigator Meetings.
Here are selected examples (click links where available).
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Annual Meeting
- 2011: In Hot Water: Rising Public Health Concerns from Changing Ocean Conditions
- 2010: Decoding the Secret Pathologies of Dolphins: Significance for Human and Ocean Health*
- 2009: Fighting the Rising Tide of Antibiotic Resistance: Causes and Cures in the Sea*
- 2008: From Kitchen Sinks to Ocean Basins: Emerging Chemical Contaminants and Human Health* – in partnership with SeaWeb (Eureka Alert)
*Selected for AAAS-led press conferences.
American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting (AMS)
- 2012: Reducing Public Health Risk Through Advancements in Ocean Technologies
- 2011: NOAA Oceans and Human Health Initiative (OHHI): Responses of pathogenic Vibrios to climate, climate change and implications for health early warning systems
- 2010: Climate-Sensitive Diseases in the Great Lakes and Oceans: NOAA’s Oceans and Human Health Initiative (OHHI)
American Public Health Association Annual Meeting (APHA)
- 2011: Climate change and the coasts: Coping with rising health threats and preparing for the future
- 2009: Oceans and Human Health: Communicating Public Health Concerns to Communities at Risk
Ocean Sciences – Joint meeting of the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO), The Oceanography Society (TOS), and the American Geophysical Union (AGU)
Additional scientific conferences: Coastal Zone (2007, 2008); Blue Vision (2009); Coastal and Estuarine Research Federation (2007, 2009); Gordon Research Conference.
If the link is no longer available, contact Carolyn for abstract and related materials.